My works are published under following license which transforms their usage rights using the bitcoin infrastructure into a independently tradable immaterial good. The license has been electronically signed by myself. The license text is subject to this license.
Name of the license: LICTIP10
The item licensed under this license is a copyright-protected digital work. The licensor is the author of the licensed item. The licensor subjects the licensed item to this license. By signing this license the licensor in a legally binding manner agrees to the provisions of this license. The licensor grants rights of use to the licensed item to the individual that meets the precondition to use and in a legally binding manner agrees to the provisions of this license.
1. Licensed item
(1) The item licensed under this license is a copyright-protected digital work electronically signed by the licensor.
(2) The licensor subjects the licensed item to this license if a Bitcoin transaction with the following properties exists in the Bitcoin block chain:
(a) The Bitcoin transaction transfers Bitcoins from the Bitcoin address "182r1PerDvrBwYMM3RZzod99A4xn8n4Bpi".
(b) The return value of OP_RETURN of one Bitcoin transaction output of the Bitcoin transaction contains 8 bytes with the ASCII encoded character string of the name of the license "LICTIP10", followed by 32 bytes containing the SHA-256 hash value of the file of the licensed item.
(c) In the Bitcoin block chain before the block that contains the Bitcoin transaction, there is no other block which contains any other Bitcoin transaction which transfers Bitcoins from the Bitcoin address named at (a) above and contains 9 bytes with the ASCII encoded character string "TERMINATE" in a Bitcoin transaction output in the return value of OP_RETURN.
2. Precondition to use
A precondition to the granting of the rights of use by the licensor is that the licensee is able to transfer the value of the Bitcoin transaction output assigned to the licensed item. This typically requires knowledge of the private key of the Bitcoin address referenced in the Bitcoin transaction output. The first Bitcoin transaction output assigned to the licensed item is the Bitcoin transaction output with the index 0 of the Bitcoin transaction described at Section 1 (2) above. The result of a Bitcoin transaction which transfers the value of the Bitcoin transaction output assigned to the licensed item is that the licensed item is with immediate effect for the future assigned to the Bitcoin transaction output with the index 0 of that Bitcoin transaction.
3. Granting of rights of use
(1) Subject to the conditions of this license, the licensor grants the licensee the right, unlimited in time and space subject to (3), to use, reproduce, distribute, publicly play back, show or perform, make publicly accessible, broadcast, render by means of image or sound carriers, use on the internet and link the licensed item and to pass on these rights of use to a new licensee in accordance with Section 2 hereof. This also includes the commercial use of these rights. Other rights of use do not exist. The licensee is also not allowed to pass on rights of use in any way other than as described at Section 2 hereof.
(2) The right to pass the rights of use on in accordance with Section 2 hereof is granted exclusively, i.e. it is limited to the licensee specified by this license. The licensor remains entitled to grant the rights of use to third parties, but he is not entitled to grant the right to pass on the rights of use.
(3) If the licensee does not or no longer fulfill the precondition to use or any other of the terms of this license, the granting of the rights of use ends at the time at which the precondition to use or any other of the terms of this license are no longer fulfilled.
4. Obligations of the licensee
(1) The licensee undertakes to include the licensor's electronic signature of the file of the licensed item with all digital copies of the file of the licensed item.
(2) The licensee undertakes to name the licensor as the author upon rendering of the licensed item. For this, the licensee will use the following copyright notice: "Copyright (c) Stephan Vogler".
5. Limitation of liability
(1) The licensor does not warrant and guarantee that the licensed item reaches the threshold of originality required for copyright protection.
(2) The licensor does not warrant and guarantee availability, security and freedom from error of the Bitcoin services specified.
(3) The licensor can be held liable only in the case of gross negligence and willful intent. Any liability is limited to the damage that occurs immediately at the licensee.
6. Changes to the license terms
By mutual agreement, the licensor and the licensee may subject the licensed item to a new license. To do this, the licensor must publish the new license text together with his electronic signature of the license text and the licensee must assign the licensed item to a new Bitcoin transaction output by means of a Bitcoin transaction according to Section 2 above, with one Bitcoin transaction output of the Bitcoin transaction containing 8 bytes with the ASCII-code character string of the name of the new license in the return value of OP_RETURN.
7. Other provisions
(1) The place of jurisdiction shall be Regensburg. This agreement shall be governed by the law of the Federal Republic of Germany.
(2) Any invalidity of individual provisions of this agreement shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this agreement.
Date: 29th March 2015 14:58:28 CEST
Format: ASCII encoded Text
Size: 5333 bytes
Description: License for tradable intellectual property v1.0 in English language
Date: 7th May 2015 22:49:03 CEST
Format: UTF8 encoded Text
Size: 5594 bytes
Description: License for tradable intellectual property v1.0 in German language